Friday, October 8, 2010

Unexpected Dinner Out

I received a call 2 days ago asking to show our house yesterday at 5:30.  I said that would be fine and I specifically asked about how long they would be.  Their realtor told me that they would for sure be done by 6:00.  Yesterday, I picked up my daughter from daycare (I have to pick her up by 5:30) and we went to the farmer's market.  I spent $12.50 there buying a couple pumpkins, squash, potatoes, garlic, and peas.  From there we head home.  At 6:00, they're still there so we head to a park for a little bit and snack on the peas.  We drive by our house again at 6:15 and again at 6:30.  By this time, we're starving so I head for the local pizzeria.  I wasn't expecting to eat out but what could we do?  I know that there probably were other options but they didn't leave our house until 7:15.  Total damage for the pizza, $21.15 (we brought some home for hubby, he had class last night).  I was just annoyed at having to spend the money.  However, anybody who spend over 1 1/2 hours in our house has to be very interested.  Hopefully we will get an offer soon.

1 comment:

  1. It would be strange to have to drive around waiting for someone to show the house....I think i would want to do this myself - but then, in would be hard not to take things personal if potential buyers were criticizing my home...

    ReplyDelete