Friday, November 12, 2010

Home insurance annoyance

I cancelled my old home insurance effective the day that we're closing.  I logged in today to check to see when I might expect a refund.  They automatically refunded the amount of $147.53 back to my credit card that I had paid the premium in the first place.  It was a bit annoying to me because I would have just rather had a check.  I had to pay for my new home insurance premium anyway so I just put it on the same card.  I will get the cash back rewards for my card so it isn't all bad.  I do use my credit card for some large purchases to get the cash back but I find that its harder to budget with it.

For me, I would never be able to charge everything I paid for one month on my card and pay it off.  I think that I would consistently run short.  I admire people who are able to do that but I don't think I could on a regular basis.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love the bonus points though for the bigger purchases? I like to pay my insurance bill that way - usually equals a $50 gc for DH and I to get dinner out. Nice perk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homeowners insurance will protect home or property against fully damage or loss. Homeowners may pay claims for damage to your home or outbuilding. If you want to more benefit from homeowners insurance policy then you have to find a better insurance service provide company.

    ReplyDelete