Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moving on a Budget

I have no idea how people move and stay on budget.  We close in one week so we need to be out of our house.  This week we are packing everything up and will be moving most of our things over the weekend.  Last night, hubby and I packed up the kitchen.  We left out a cake pan, huge frying pan, pizza cutter, and paper plates with plastic silverware.  I know that we will likely be eating out or picking up pizza to cook at home because we are limited to what we'll be able to make.  I think that some of our friends will be helping us move so we will be buying them lunch/dinner.  We also discovered that we need to buy more packing tape.  We haven't even gotten to the part for gas to actually move. 

Moving is so overwhelming.  I feel like I can't control everything and I just want it to slow down.  I would like to hire a mover but its an added expense that won't happen.

Does anybody have any tips for moving on a budget?

2 comments:

  1. Stay calm.
    Make a list.
    Check it twice.
    Take your time.
    Saran wrap delicates instead of using newspaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're pretty well organized. Little Ceasar's pizzas are $5.00 for a large pepperoni or cheese, if you have one nearby. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete