Monday, November 15, 2010

Saving Change

As we were moving this weekend, I was reminded that we have a lot of change.  My husband and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and we've never cashed in our change.  We have a lot.  I haven't counted for a long time.  We talked of cashing it in before the move but put it off so we again moved all of it to our new house.  Before we moved into the house that we just moved out of, I rolled most of it because our bank at that time didn't take loose change.  We had over $1000 at that time.  I have no idea how much is there now.

My husband and I have talked about cashing it in but we haven't because we haven't needed it and we don't know what to do with it.  Obviously, we've saved the money for quite some time now so it feels like we should do something worthwhile with it.  I don't want to just cash it in and put it into our savings account.  We talked about using it for a vacation but I have no idea when that would happen. 

Since we're moving into the country, we could put it towards a four wheeler.  That is something that we really want and I think we would get a lot of use from it.  We could put it towards an education fund for our daughter as well.  She has a savings account that her birthday and Christmas money goes into but nothing specifically for college. 

The responsible pf blogger in me knows that keeping that much money at home without earning interest isn't very responsible.  Also, when comparing the four wheeler to an education fund for my daughter, well...   I really want a four wheeler though.  Maybe we could split it 3 ways, 2 parts to the four wheeler and 1 part to a college fund. 

Any thoughts?  Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment