Friday, November 5, 2010

Shopping!!

I go in stages where I just want to shop.  I had my hair cut a couple days ago in the mall so I went to JCPenney to get a couple things for my daughter.  I had a $10 off of $25 purchase coupon.  I bought her a winter hat and mittens (which she needed) and a couple pajamas for her.  Now it feels like I've opened up the flood gate and I want to go shopping again.  The more I go into the mall or any other clothing store, the more I want to go.  It's addictive to a certain degree. 

To give you some background, I have never struggled with credit card debt but I have shopped quite a bit in my past.  I used to shop all the time, for clothes mostly.  I quit the habit when my husband was in Iraq and we were saving for a house.  I saved all of his money and some of my money.  I only went shopping once during that year.  It also helped that the mall in the town where I lived then was terrible. 

I keep thinking of new things that I NEED!  Yeah, right!  I don't really need them but for some reason I just WANT them!  Does anybody else struggle with this issue? 

4 comments:

  1. I am so there with you on the shopping thing - I don't shop alot as a rule, but when I buy that first thing and if I'm in the right mood - I could shop and shop. I tend to not go into stores - that are my triggers - out of sight, out of mind for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!

    ME! ME!

    Once I start shopping I want to shop more. The only way to deal with this is to only but what you want and need, and repeat to yourself what your goals are, look at your bank account statements, walk away/delay the purchase and calm down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to shop; I scratch my shopping itch at thrift stores. There's all the fun of browsing, plus, when you find a deal, it's generally a REALLY good deal. For instance, all my jeans come from the local thrift store that charges $3/pr. That's a good price for Calvin Klein or DKNY jeans. If you're picky about your clothes (and I am), you can spend a happy couple of hours every week browsing away, and come home with only one or two things a month, keeping both your budget and your closet lean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh boy, do I. I have to stay out of stores in order to control it. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete