Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving is Expensive

I went grocery shopping last night and its so expensive buying all the things you need.  I'm not even hosting but I'm bringing a pecan pie, green bean dish, and a wine sangria slush to my in-laws house.  I had to buy everything I needed last night to make only a couple recipes and it really adds up.  I guess it would be nice if I had everything stockpiled but I don't because we just moved.  But even if I did have a stockpile, would I really have chopped pecans and slivered almonds?  Probably not because they would be eaten so quickly in my house.  I also bought a couple turkeys to give to two friends who helped us move.  I feel funny giving friends cash but I'm okay with giving gifts or food.  One friend has a turkey fryer so we will probably deep fry the turkey that we're giving him at our house.  Maybe I could pick up a bottle of booze for each of the friends to go with the turkey.  I know that they don't expect anything but I just want them to know how much we appreciate all of their help. 

Would you be okay with getting a turkey for helping a friend move? 

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a very nice way to say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely be okay with a turkey or any type of food for helping a friend move. Yum. Pizza is a popular choice around here.

    ReplyDelete