Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Preparing for No Spend Month

A couple weeks back, I told Sharon that I would take part in her February No Spend Challenge.  I've toyed with the idea off and on and I'm willing to do it.  I'm going to try to get my husband to participate in the challenge, well, at least, partially.  I'm going to give him $100 for the month to spend as he chooses.  I am going to stay within my grocery budget of $350. 

To be honest, this really scares me.  When I go a couple weeks without buying something, I tend to start thinking about all this stuff that I need.  I am going to make one exception to the month.  It's my friend's birthday in Feb. and we talked about going snowboarding together.  If we're able to make it happen, I'm going to take advantage of it.  I have a snowboard but I've never went snowboarding so I'm super excited to try it. 

I will keep you posted on how this goes.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently trying to do this anyway, but I'll join in for Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I will take all the support that I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually having the case of the "wants" too! But, it's only for 28 days...I can do this and so can you. May I suggest starting a list of all the things you want and decide March 1st if you still want them! I'm going to do the same thing! Wow, $350.00 for groceries? That's a challenge in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!

    Other then groceries and snowboarding do you have limits you can spend on gas and/or other needs?

    ReplyDelete