Friday, January 14, 2011

Spinning Wheels

I had hoped to make great progress in January with our savings goals.  It doesn't look like that's going to happen.  I feel that we're simply spinning our wheels.  We're still dealing with some unexpected expenses from moving.  We had a $310 phone bill this month because we transferred companies and have to pay for our phones.  We should have $200 in rebates coming for them but who knows when that's going to show up.  I sent the rebates in the mail yesterday because I had to include a copy of our first bill with them.  I'm sure that they hope people are going to forget about the rebates by the time they get their first bill.  Yeah, right, like we would forget about $200!

My husband (whom I will now refer to as Y) finally got paid today.  This is his first paycheck and I don't think that its a full paycheck since he started 12/20 and he is paid on the 1st and 15th.  Y hasn't gotten a paystub yet so we don't know how many hours he was paid for, if they took out flex deductions and retirement, or if he is getting the rate that he was told at his hire. 

I wanted to transfer $500 into savings this month and I've already transferred $200 out of savings.  I will probably have to do a little bit more.  I don't know if I will be able to pay back what I took out of savings this month, let alone put more into savings.  I did pay the credit card bill with the propane on it so that is on the bright side.

I just need to remind myself that we're having some pretty major unexpected expenses this month and dealing with a shortfall of money due to Y's new job.  We can get through this and next month will be much better.  March is even a 3 paycheck month for me so we have plenty to look forward to. 

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. don't be hard on yourself - it will just take a little bit of adjusting, then you can get yourself back on track. Good luck - you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. January has been rough on us too! Hang in there...it's got to get better, right?

    ReplyDelete