Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surprise Payday and other Ramblings

I logged into our bank account today and I saw Y's paycheck.  I thought that he got paid on the 1st and 15th of the month but it must be the 15th and end of the month.  His paycheck was in there and showed as available but the date wasn't until 1/31.  I took care of a couple bills that I hadn't paid yet for January including our mortgage and last Verizon bill.

I  committed to doing a no spend month for February and I've been thinking about it constantly.  I am anxious about trying to go an entire month without spending money on any extras.  Y committed to keeping all of his spending for the month to $100.  I think that I should maybe do the same for me.  It shouldn't be so scary to think about not going out for lunch or buying a soda even one time in February.  Wow!  This should be a wake up call that I'm really attached to money.  Does anybody else have the same apprehension about doing a no spend month?

1 comment:

  1. Your month, your rules! If you want to spend your budgeted amount on a soda, you can!! Just set a limit and try to stick to it. It's really just being conscious about your spending. You will save money by doing that! You'll do awesome!!! Promise!!!

    ReplyDelete