Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Broken Glasses

My daughter broke my glasses about 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I thought at there was a slim possibility that they would be able to be fixed.  I checked today and there isn't a way to fix them.  They said that they can order new frames which would be $169 or they have a special, half off frames with the purchase of lenses.  I looked around and found a pair that with lenses would be $158.  We changed insurances around the beginning of the year and I thought that I had vision insurance through Y.  We have only received a medical insurance card thus far.  I thought that it might be the same card but when she checked she said it was only for medical, no vision. 

We have the money in our flex medical account that we would get reimbursed for the $158 as the worse case scenario but I hope that we do have vision insurance that will pick up part of the cost for the frames.

I kind of kick myself that I put my glasses within reach of my daughter.  I guess that its a part of parenting that you just live and learn.

3 comments:

  1. Accidents happen. My grandma always said, "If it's not one thing, it's another." Hopefully insurance will help cover the cost for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened to me about 4 weeks ago and I had to get a new pair of frames which were $132. No insurance so there went some cash but we have to be able to see. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek! That's a bummer... :( Live and learn right?

    ReplyDelete