Monday, February 7, 2011

Daycare Expense

I've mentioned before that Y's pay schedule is different with his new job.  He was paid weekly and he is now paid on the 15th and end of the month.  January was hard because he only had one payday and it wasn't a full pay period.  For February, he will be paid twice.  Previously, I paid for daycare, escrow and normal day to day expenses like gas and groceries out of his paychecks. 

My biggest problem is now paying for daycare.  I pay for daycare weekly, on Monday mornings.  It is $120 per week.  With our other bills, I refer to my budget when one of us gets paid and I pay the next items due.  For example, our IRA's are set up automatically to come out of our account around the 10th for $250.  Usually with my first paycheck of the month, I deduct $250 from my account and mark it as paid when it actually comes out of the account.  That way, I make sure that there is always money for the automatic withdrawals that are set up from our account.

I don't have the option of setting up daycare on an automatic transfer.  In fact, I can't even use bill pay from my bank because if it was a day late and not there by Monday morning, my daycare provider would freak out.  She always acts like somebody is trying to screw her over.  I'm sure that in the 12 years that she has been doing daycare, she has been financially taken advantage of.  But, that's not really my problem.  I'm always going to pay her for watching my little girl. 

Anyway, should I just write the checks for daycare when we get paid so that we know that money has already been accounted for from our account?  Is there a better option?  I just seem to be constantly having some snags with paying for daycare now.  Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a way to make it a monthly thing, so you don't have to even worry about it? That means at the end or the beginning of each month, deduct $480 and pay her so she you don't have to worry about multiple withdrawals (and have an easier time budgeting) and she won't feel so screwed over?

    ReplyDelete