Sunday, February 27, 2011

February Goals Recap

  • $100 for me for spending money  Fail!
  • $125 for Y for spending money  Success!
  • $100 for miscellaneous spending for month--oil changes, hair cut for daughter, etc.  Fail, big time!
  • $350 for grocery budget  Pass!
My goals for the month are as follows:
  • Stick to above spending plan  Sort of Pass!
  • File Taxes  Pass!
  • Give will information to attorney  Pass!  I'm pretty proud that I actually did this.
  • File for money on dependent flex account  Fail!  I might do this next month.  The money is there. I just need to file for it.
  • Save at least $500  Success!  I saved $650 this month.
I realized something very important about myself this month.  I spend just as much as Y and I justify it as household spending. This is one area that I really want to watch.  I spent the following for February:

Gas $488.73  Ouch!  I do have a long commute but even so.
Groceries 333.75  Very proud of this
Eating out 52.77  Not too bad
Booze 39.94
Healthcare 148  Reimburseable
My personal spending 95.69
Misc. 244.46  This was a number of different things including some things for Y's truck like new spark plug wires.  Y does the work himself but we still have to pay for the parts. 

I don't think that we will try to do this again for March.  It did get to be a little bit stressful.  For the last week, I pretty much scrapped the challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. You did fabulous!!! Saving $650 is awesome!!! Congrats on a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete