Thursday, February 3, 2011

No Spend February Progress

So far it has been a success for February.  Yes, I know that its only the 3rd of the month.  The breakdown is as follows:

2/1 Movie 1.07
      Groceries  16.39
2/1 No Spend Day
I already gave Y $25 for this month so I need to give him another $100.
The movie will come out of the miscellaneous $100 for the month so that total is $98.93 left for the month.
I still have my $100 for this month.  I decided that getting gas would not count as spending money because I do have a long commute and I'm going to get gas regardless.  Just because I fill my car up with gas, I don't want to blow that entire day as a spending day. 

Today is payday and most of the money is gone already.  I was paid $900 and $250 went to our IRA's, another $156 to investments and $112.53 to my student loan.  The money is actually still in my account but I deduct it when I get paid because they are all set up as automatic deductions. 

Yay for paydays!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of saving! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharon. You are always so positive and its appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, wait, wait a minute. How did you go to a movie for $1.07?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Investing Newbie, it was actually a movie that I rented from Redbox. They are only $1 plus tax for one night and they usually have new releases. You can return them to any Redbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! That makes sense. I thought there was a movie theater out there that I needed to go to more often.

    ReplyDelete