Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Obsessed with Money??

Y and I were talking yesterday about money.  He's pretty nonchalant with money and is more of a spender than myself.  He wants to get his motorcycle tuned up this spring and it will cost around $350.  He had a bunch of copper to sell so he sold it yesterday in anticipation that it would pay for his bike tune up.  I asked him yesterday how much the copper sold for.  He told me that he didn't want to tell me because I was obsessed with money.  WTF?!?

I know that I like money, think a lot about money, check our money daily, and write about money but I'm not obsessed.  I think that I have a healthy awareness.  If everybody was as aware as me about money, they would probably be bettering their financial situation. 

One reason that I really like money is because we often didn't have much money when I was growing up.  I'm in my early 30's so I'm not that old.  Growing up, we were so broke that we didn't always have a toilet that worked indoors.  We actually had to use the outhouse for almost a year one time.  It sucked.  I never want to be that poor again.  That is why I save my money and want to better myself financially.  I will always have running water, a working toilet, and a working shower/bath.  Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment