Thursday, February 24, 2011

Will

One of my goals for 2011 was to get a will in place for Y and myself.  I contacted an attorney through a referral and sent him the paperwork that I had. It looks like we will both get our wills done and testamentary trust set up for $300.  We need the trust if something were to happen to both of us for our daughter. 

Of course, I don't want to spend the money but it will be worth the peace of mind to know that we have properly planned for the unknown.  We do have our life insurance in place so our family would be taken care of in the event of a death(s).  I also like knowing that if Y and I both died, we've made the decisions on whom would settle our estate, be the guardian for our little girl, and the trustee for the trust.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have that peace of mind, especially when you have young children.

    ReplyDelete