Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Random Thoughts

I haven't been keeping track of my daily spending and I realize that I'm spending more because of it.  My goal for April will be to track all spending and keep to my budget better.

I need to focus on appreciating what I have in life.  I have a beautiful little girl who is talking more and more every day.  I have a nice home and a good husband.  My bills aren't overwhelming and I need to be attentive with money but not obsessive.  I think that looking from the outside into my life, I would think that I have it good but I tend to stress about things that don't really matter in the big picture of life.  I need to be more grateful.

Y and I got in a fight yesterday about money that didn't end well.  I wish that he would pay more attention to how money is spent in the big picture but he seems to think that we have the money for whatever suits his latest fancy.  (Obviously, this is my take on our situation.)  He thinks that I need to focus less on money.

I applied for the job that I talked about and I probably would take it if I got the opportunity.  I do want to have less stress in my life and shift my focus from mainly work and a little bit of family to mainly family and a little bit of work.  Y changed jobs in December and he is much more relaxed with his current job.  He doesn't stress about his job on Friday with a weekend off anymore.  Often times on Saturday morning, I find myself constantly thinking about work and checking e-mails when I should just be enjoying my family.  Y is supportive of me changing jobs.  He thinks that I should just do whatever I want.

I find that I'm struggling with my frame of mind.  I need to be positive and appreciate the things that really matter in my life, like family.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! It is so important to always be mindful of your blessings. I know that finances can be all consuming, and it's easy to get focused on where you want to be rather than where you are. Everyday I try to do this, that is, be mindful of and thankful for all the people that make life so precious. I'm glad I found your blog! I added you to my blogroll and I'll be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to forget how incredibly blessed we are in life.

    ReplyDelete