Monday, April 4, 2011

1st Quarter Check Up of 2011 Annual Goals

This is an update of my annual goals for 2011. 
  • Have $65,000 in liquid savings--I have $43,000 in liquid savings.  This has not been growing much at all.  I don't see 65K happening this year but we'll keep plugging along.
  • Student loan under $6000--This stands at about $7300.  The rate is at 4.5% and I have only made one extra payment of $50 this year. 
  • Have car loan under $14,000--This is at $17,550.  With my scheduled payments, I would need to pay an additional $400.  I haven't paid any extra.
  • Contribute $2500 to Roth IRA--I have it set up to automatically contribute $1800.  I haven't made any extra contributions but plan to make $200 this month.
  • Have ING Stock account to $8000--This is at about $6500.  I'm not sure how much I really want to add to this account because I will probably need the money in under a year.  It would be nice if it would grow by itself to $8000.  Nice but probably not likely.
  • Have Business Savings to $10,000 (this isn't included in my regular savings)--I haven't put any additional in my business savings.  This stands at 9K.  Plan to put $500 in this month.
  • Finish Will --Done! 
  • Complete a 5K Run--Haven't even started running yet.  Maybe I will do this one in the late summer/fall.
The only one that I've done is the will.  I've tried to add money to savings but its been a very expensive first quarter.  Here's to hoping that this next quarter will be better.  I would like to have 47K in it by the end of this quarter. 

6 comments:

  1. Keep plugging away and you will meet all your goals in no time. Just remember to stick with it and don't lose sight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting all my stars said exactly what I was going to say. Don't lose sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a good list of goals and it sounds like you have the motivation to accomplish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are excellent goals. Keep working at them, one down already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep going you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your support. :)

    ReplyDelete