Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gas is Ridiculous!!!!

I know that there is nothing original about this post but I just need to vent.  It costs $60 to fill up my car and $80 to fill up my husband's pick-up.  What happened to $20 to fill your tank and buy a pop and candy bar?  Obviously I'm just that old.  The price of gas is really starting to put a dent into our budget.  We have had an increase in our driving due to Y having a couple doctors appointments 45 minutes away and I've noticed the increased spending. 

We are incredibly blessed that we do have room in our budget for the increased price.  We can cut back in other areas and still make it work.  For many elderly living on a limited fixed budget, how do they handle the increase?  Their social security isn't going up because gas is increasing.  Food prices follow gas prices usually so it is only a matter of time before everything in the grocery store becomes more expensive. 

I follow a number of stocks through Yahoo Finance and I noticed that BP is the only stock that is up today of the ones I'm following.  Hmmm...

4 comments:

  1. I need to vent on the gas prices too! It's making a big dent in the budget, and the grocery prices go up right along with it. It's taking a toll on a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, even here at home in Barbados, gas went up and keeps going up, chicken went up, flour recently went up and just yesterday it was announced that our electricity bill will be raised by 10%.. I gotta stop or I may keep on venting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, gas prices are getting ridiculous! I now have to budget $50.00 every 10 days instead of $30.00. That's a huge increase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed!!!The price of just crazy!!! I keep trying to figure out what I am going to have cut back on adjust for the increase in gas prices. :(

    ReplyDelete