Monday, May 2, 2011

April 2011 Goals Revisited

My goals for April were as follows:

1. Track Spending  Fail!  I did this for the first week but didn't continue.
2. Increase Savings by $1000  Check!  It helped that we got Y's stop loss pay and sold one of his motorcycles.
3. Keep Grocery Budget to $400  Check!  At least, I think so.  I didn't competely track my spending but I'm pretty sure we were around $350.
4. Put $500 into Business Savings  Fail!  This will be on May's goals, too.
5. Put additional $200 into Roth IRA  Fail!  We decided that we want to keep our money more liquid for now.
6. Do not complain/nag at Y for tractor repairs--This has become a thorn in my side.  I can't wait until there isn't any work left to be done on the stupid tractor.  It's a good thing that Y is handy and can do it himself.  Check!  I came to terms with it and let him spend what he needed to get it in good working order.

Overall, not too bad.  There is room for improvement but that is almost always the case.  I will post May's goals shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like everyone who had some sort of tracking goal for April failed it. Must be an April thing.

    Anyways, good going for the month of April and as you said, room for improvement. Hope May is much better for you.

    ReplyDelete