Thursday, May 5, 2011

Budget May 2011

I have shared before that I don't have a budget.  We just spend less than what we make but we're trying to save money for a house and the faster we get there, the better.  I'm going to share my tentative budget.  I do so with much hesitation because I don't want any mean comments.  Constructive comments are welcome.  I have had a loose budget before but not actually accounting for every penny.  I've already put in what we have spent in a couple categories.  So, what do you think?


Monthly Budget
Income5164.7
                 Projected        Actual
Mortgage430
Student Loan112.53
Daycare480120
Insurance156.26
Car350
Phone175
Direct TV56
Electricity100
Total Regular Bills1859.79120
Gas600148.39
Groceries400111.11
Household18013.71
Eating Out100
Booze150
Y15090
Me150100
Misc. 2006
Entertainment1001.07
Gifts275
Total2305470.28
Saving1000
Total 5164.79
Left Over -0.09
Net Pay
Y2048.04
Me2700
Flex Daycare416.66
Total Income5164.7

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! My only question - do you have a lot of gifts to purchase this month? Your gift line looks a bit high to me. (but that is just me - maybe you can keep it at that & try to come in under so that you can put the rest into your savings!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great to me, you just have to see how you measure up at the end of the month. I like the loose budget style so long as you make sure not to overspend, it works. Everything in your budget seems great and realistic. Can't wait to see how you stack it up come end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting. JPKittie, I don't actually have a gift fund but just budget for things as they come up. This month we have a lot. It's Y's birthday and I want to get him a bike to get him exercising. It's also Mother's Day and our anniversary. I have a baby shower for one of my best friend's this month. Usually we wouldn't spend more than $50 per month in this category. I know that I don't have to get Y a bike but I already have one and a bicycle trailer and I want do more things as a family. Y kind of has a weight problem and I want to get things that are healthy. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your budget looks good. No mean comments here just glad you're starting a budget so that you can be that much closer to saving for a home :) a budget is not all the same for everyone just really depending on their personal finance that's why it's called PF. I'm just glad you didn't post this on the Dave Ramsey forum they would have ripped you apart reason why I'm no longer active there but still really following his steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great that you have a budget. I think it's also really good that you put what you already spent so far this month, I find tracking definitely helps with savings goals.

    ReplyDelete