Friday, May 20, 2011

Job Interview Today

I have a job interview today with a bank near where I live.  I'm excited about it but I also don't want to get my hopes up too much because I was so disappointed last time.  It is a mortgage loan originator position.  I know that you are all thinking, "Is she smoking crack?"  The mortgage industry has not been hurt in my area the way that it has in several parts of the country.  I don't know how I feel about the position but I will check it out and see how it goes.

I keep teetering on whether I should just stay at my current position but the reality is that at the end of the day, I don't really like my job.  It has a ton of stress and I don't find it rewarding anymore.  I have mixed feelings about leaving my job because I've been here almost 4 1/2 years and I'm not sure if I want to walk away from what I've built up from scratch.  I don't really want to go into detail on what I do currently.  I make alright money but have a ton of expenses and a long commute. 

Anyway, it's just an interview.  Fingers crossed!

9 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed for you. I don't think you're crazy at all to consider a move away from a situation that makes you unhappy. Good luck!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you luck. You will know what to do when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! After you find out more details you'll have to write out a pro's & cons list for keeping vs. Leaving your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand about the long commute and expenses. It's expensive and so tiring. Positive thoughts for the interview today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I have an interview on Tuesday and I'm SO nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes. It's nice to feel like you have a choice even if you don't take this job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish you the best of LUCK! You should always do what makes you happy even if it means leaving behind what you have built. Knock em dead... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on everything... If you do take the job you'll have to blog for us about the inside workings of the bank and the process ;)

    ReplyDelete