Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Y's Pay Raise!!

Y told me that he is getting a pay raise for June 20 and July 1.  The pay raise on June 20 will mark the end of his 6 month probationary period.  That pay raise should be 5%.  The July 1 pay raise is for cost of living and applies to his entire department.  He isn't sure what amount he will get but should be 2 or 3%.  In total, that would be a pay raise of 7 to 8%.  It should be about $175 to 200 per month before taxes. 

I couldn't believe it when he told me about his pay raise.  I'm so proud of him.  I knew that he would be good at his new job and the pay raises are laid out beforehand but still.  We're just going to try to save the money from the pay raise. 

Any pay raise in this economy is a huge blessing!

7 comments: