Sunday, June 5, 2011

Officially Jobless and Loving It

I received word on my way back to my office from lunch on Friday that I passed the background check.  I was very apprehensive about putting in my notice at work.  I had been there for 4 1/2 years.  I put my notice in Friday afternoon and it went okay.  My boss was gracious.  I thought that he was going to be a jerk but he wasn't.  He even told me that if things didn't work out at my new job, I would be welcome back.  I was done immediately and collected my personal belongings.

I feel so much relief that I'm not going back to a job that I've been miserable at for about a year.  I'm counting my blessings.

Totally unrelated but one thing that I do to feel better about myself is watch Cops.  I have it better than the people getting arrested for burglary, drugs, prostitution, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Yip! Yip! You said you would pass and you did. Congratulations!

    It's also great that you left on a good note, it's good that he wasn't a jerk about it.

    I didn't know you could terminate your job immediately like that. I have to put in at least one weeks notice.

    Anyways, I am honestly happy for you that everything is working out. I hope from now on you can wake up with a smile everyday going to work. It sucks going to a job you don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that he was good about you leaving, sometimes that can be difficult. When do you start your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's great - so happy for you that things are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Congrats on the fresh new start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you! I am also glad that you left on a good note you should never burn bridges. Looking forward to news about your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on taking a leap of faith for your sanity. hope all does well with your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! Here's to hoping you won't have to find a new job ever again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. I watch Till Debt Do Us Part for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete