Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pantry Challenge for July 2011

I'm going to do a pantry challenge for July.  I will try to completely eat down my pantry and freezer.  My grocery shopping will only consist of dairy products, fresh fruits and veggies and other necessities.  This combined with fresh strawberries and veggies from my garden should keep our grocery bill low.  My goal is to keep our grocery spending under $250.  That is a huge challenge but it will feel really good if when we do it. 

Does anybody care to join me?

6 comments:

  1. I admire your gumption to keep your costs under 250.00 for groceries. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenge, I can't join you this month..although it is tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already low on pantry items, but certainly I can try to eat less and buy less for July. Following you will be an incentive to spend less on groceries..if you can do it on less than $250, well, you will be my ultimate hero! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm contemplating this challenge... I have been "nesting" and cooking a ton of food in preparation for our first baby (any day now), so my grocery bills have been higher the last few weeks as I "stock up". If we did in fact, eat everything out of the freezer I've prepared, and concentrate on the pantry, we could probably keep it under $250 (usually about $400-45)) (barring the need to buy formula...I'm hoping to nurse but you never know I hear). Best wishes for your own challenge. Let us know how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be rooting from the side lines on this one (with our wedding being in July)...

    and We have been trying to slowly stock up and rotate items... so cleaning it out would be problematic for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definately join you. I'm trying to get on the board with menu planning and making sure my food costs stay down, especially with school starting back up before I know. I am definately in on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete