Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 2011 Tidbits

My daughter turns 2 the end of this month so our daycare should be going down by $1 per day.  Its not much but I will take it.  I’m so happy with her new daycare.  I don’t pay for holidays that they are closed so it is about the same price or even cheaper.  I paid $120 per week before and I now pay $25 per day now.  I’m not sure if I have to pay for days that she is sick and doesn’t attend or not.  I would think that we do have to pay for those days but Y seemed to think not.  He’s the one who initially set Lil’ Punk up at this daycare so they may have told him that.  I will check on that.

I paid an extra $50 this month on my student loan.  My initial goal for 2011 was to get it below $6000.  It now sits at $6973 but my payment hasn’t hit yet for July.  That will bring it to just under $6900.  Assuming the other regular payments for this year, it will be at $6500 approximately.  I think that I’m going to leave my goal of under $6000 for the year.  I had thought about aiming for $5000 or under for my student loan this year but I think that may be stretching it considering my other goals for this year. 

We went kayaking on a nearby lake last night with friends.  We already have our kayaks and gear.  We picnicked at the lake.  I brought sandwiches and my friend brought grapes and chips.  I didn’t go to the store to buy anything special for the sandwiches.  I used turkey that I already had and egg salad.  I also had one peanut butter and jelly for Lil’ Punk but it turns out that my friends’ kid wanted that to.  I really like hanging out with friends and just doing whatever.  It’s nice not to have to worry about being on your best behavior or making something fancy.  We had a really good time lazily kayaking and swimming in the lake.  It was a late night as we didn’t get home until 9 pm but there are only so many warm summer nights. 

I really like leaving comments for my fellow bloggers.  I like for you to know what I’m thinking or offer a couple words of encouragement.  I’m not able to comment when I have to log into Blogger because my computer is older than dirt.  I have my comments set to where anybody can leave a comment with their name/URL.  I would encourage more of you to do that so I can leave you comments.  I appreciate all of the comments that I get.  I know that I often don’t comment on your comments but I am grateful that you took the time to put your thoughts onto my blog. 

We’re having a freakin’ heat wave here.  Soooo hoootttt!  Lovin’ it!

7 comments:

  1. It's pretty hot here too! And kayaking sounds like a great way to spend some time! Gotta love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hot where I am too. The heat index was 106 again today and it's unbearably humid. I know some people like humidity, but I'm not one of them. The kayaking sounds like fun. You're making good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayaking does sound fun. We are going canoeing tomorrow. I have never been before. I am so excited.

    Yay to somewhat cheaper daycare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great on the lake/kayaking!!! what a fun night!!!

    great on the day care too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every morning, I'm excited to log onto my blog just to see who has commented and what they have said. Even if it's just 'Hi', I know someone has been there and read my dribble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bit by bit on that student loan! That's how Jordan and I paid off mine as well - every extra couple of bucks was thrown on the loan until it was decimated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. July seems to be going great for you. I get heat all year round and people complain but after traveling to a cold climate twice I realize I love the heat more than I love the cold.

    I also feel the same way as you about commenting so I understand. Hope July continues to be awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete