Monday, July 4, 2011

Pantry Challenge Progress 7/4/11

I declared in the end of June that I would be doing a pantry challenge for the month of July.  My plan is to keep our grocery spending under $250 for the month by eating down our pantry, freezer, and eating out of my garden.  I'm happy to announce that Serendipity is going to join me.  Anybody else is welcome to join us in our venture. 

So far I have spent $6.50 on juice boxes and cupcakes.  In preparatin, I opened the grocery circulars this morning.  I was checking out what was on sale and what meals I could make with the sale items.  I even wrote down a couple meals before I realized that I was going about this challenge all wrong.  I need to use up what's in my pantry, not shop for inexpensive meals.  I might need to buy milk, bread, and some fruit this week but I have plenty of meals that I can make for the week without buying more groceries.  I need to change my mentality with this challenge. 

7 comments:

  1. I decided to join in..... It might be a real eye opener. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you are going to succeed if you keep your thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a quick check in my pantry and freezer and I realized I don't really have a lot to choose from, lol. But, I realized I don't ever have to buy oatmeal or frozen chicken nuggets again, which is what I'll be eating for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing you the best of luck and skill. Grocery shopping is our budget buster almost every month.

    ReplyDelete