Thursday, August 18, 2011

All I Want to Do is Shop!!!

I went shopping 2 weeks ago and I did go to Express and buy jeans.  It's like I opened up the floodgates and I want to go again.  I have the day off and I'm going into (a bigger) town with Lil' Punk to get paid on my side gig, have lunch, visit my chiropractor and I want to go shopping for clothes. 

I think that a large part of me wanting to go shopping now is that I feel good about myself.  Another part is that the dress code at my new job is much more casual than my previous job.  We can wear jeans on Friday if we pay $1 to United Way.  The men wear ties on occasion but the women aren't expected to wear suits everyday.  As long as we don't wear jeans or hoodies the other days, we can wear whatever.  It opens up so many possibilities for my wardrobe.  I just want to shop and shop to get it updated. 

Maybe I should set a limit of $50 per month from now until the end of the year to go shopping with for myself.  That way I know that it is in the budget so I won't go crazy and spend $300 at one time. 

How do you regulate your clothes shopping?

6 comments:

  1. I only go clothes shopping when I need something, but lately I've been feeling like I need some things. Just last night I got two lightweight sweaters, one on clearance and one on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG totally feeeel you. Since losing weight all I want to do is shop! I was on ban until the end of July which passed... However when I do get around to shop I can't justify it. I have this nagging feeling that since I've been challenging myself to lose another 10 lbs I should just wait to shop so the clothes will fit how it's suppose to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many clothes but my husband is worse than me! He buys me stuff all the time, even when I tell him NO. lol! I think setting a financial budget is the way to go... now we have a clothing budget & everything has to come in under budget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...Carla throw out you clouse a buy just exemples of kind. thank for article. check here отдых в Черногории and understand what you need to live)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really need to be working on this better then we have been... but now that we each have some fun money, I think that would be able to cover our clothing budget for the time being... Maybe next year we will figure out something better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think whatever you do will be awesome and I highly doubt you will let it get out of control. Just glad to see you are happy and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete