Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crazy Stock Market = Opportunity

I took advantage of the lows this week to buy.  I bought about $4000 in stocks in the past ten days.  I bought Caterpillar, Conoco, and Bank of America stocks this week.  One of my goals for 2011 was to have $8000 in my ING Sharebuilder account.  Previously, I was sitting at about $6000.  I saw the correction taking place and went for it.  I know that I didn't buy them at their all time low but I'm still happy with the prices of the stocks that I got.  I'm currently sitting at about $9300 but hoping for more now.

Now that I've bought, its time for the stocks to go back up :)

I'm still loving my job.  The weeks are flying by.  I've tried to stay off the internet in the evenings because I want to be more present in my life.  I've noticed that Lil' Punk acts out when I'm on the computer so I know that she needs more attention.  That's why there have been a lack of posts this week. 

I'm looking to catch up on my favorite blogs now that Y took Lil' Punk into town.  Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome opportunity. If I had that option I would have done the same.

    Also good to see everything is going great with the job and with your family. I'm glad to see Lil Punk act up when she wants attention. I can't blame her. Have a wonderful weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Super!!So glad you like your new job, that does make it so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just starting to save up for our Roth Ira's now... so I think we will miss out on this market correction... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get the investing for dummies book ahah sounds like you picked on a great opportunity for long term gain?

    ReplyDelete