Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Love Sundays and Money Tidbits

We had a really good weekend just staying home and relaxing.  We went for a walk around our block today.  It's a country block so it was 4 miles total.  About halfway through, I asked Y if I could climb into the jogging stroller with Lil' Punk and he could push us.  He said no. LOL!

Y's raise came in with the last paycheck.  It's about $100 more  each paycheck.  I'm so proud of him that he has done so well for himself.  He didn't even graduate from high school.  He got his GED when he wanted to join the army.  The army really taught him discipline which has done well for him. 

Our electric bill was $170 last month.  It is so expensive to run the air conditioner but we do anyway.  It's not worth it not to for us.  I ordered propane for this winter.  I paid $1.74 per gallon and it was about 620 gallons.  That will be $1080 that will be due next month.  I think that its much cheaper to get our propane tank filled now than in the winter though. 

I'm going to shop my car insurance.  It is $480 semi-annually now for 2 cars with full coverage.  I am no longer my own insurance agent so I'm able to shop it.  Hopefully, I will be able to save some money.  That is due September 6. 

September is going to be a very expensive month.  I might actually be ready for September though.  I love the summer but its so busy.  The fall is really nice, too. 

7 comments:

  1. I love summer - but like you - I think I am ready for fall - I love it... it is my fav... but I will miss dd.... I enjoy our time together not having to do anything! School gets busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the raise... and I think your right about the propane gas... You may have just saved yourself some serious cash in the long run by filling it now (You'll have to let us know later).

    Our electric bill was wayyyy to high this past month as well and since we got the bill we haven't turned on our wall unit at all... some times its hard since we have been doing a lot of work and cleaning up the condo... and in the heat it's just not that enjoyable... but we have been making it work and it hasn't been bad since the heat has been going down at night and we have been sleeping with the windows open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a nice raise! Congrats!! :)We turn on our central air whenever the mercury rises over +30... But if hubby had his way it would be on 24/7!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to read how good life is for you. Things are working out great and once you are happy it can bring joy to so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready for fall too. I love the weather and sweaters.

    Congrats for the raise that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the raise!

    I find certain months to be more expensive than others, and historically September has always been. Good job buying the propane ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete