Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Check In

I had a really nice weekend.  We went to a wedding yesterday.  It rained and Lil' Punk started exclaiming loudly as the bride walked down the aisle.  We had to stand in the far back where she could run a little bit.  It was an outdoor wedding so it wasn't a big deal.  I felt like I was constantly running after her.

Speaking of Lil' Punk, her daycare cost went down $1 per day because she turned 2.  It's about $25 a month savings.  Not a lot but it adds up.  The people there are so awesome.  The price wouldn't have went down with her old daycare.  Yay for that change. 

I pickled some garden veggies today.  It's my first time pickling anything so I really hope that it turns out.  I pickled a mix of cucumbers, peppers, okra, onions, garlic and carrots.  The thing that sucks is that I won't know how they taste for quite a few weeks.  Meanwhile, I will continue to make other pickles as the veggies, mainly cucumbers, are ready.  I really love gardening.  It gives me a useful hobby. 

Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend :)

    Hope you have a great week as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally getting some cucumbers and my tomatoes are getting there. Good to hear you are putting them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that places will lower your care cost because the kids gets older and more independent. Yay for 25$ saved!

    ReplyDelete