Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Completed 5K Goal

I ran a 5k today which was one of my 2011 goals.  I didn't do great but I did run the entire way through.  I actually placed second for my age group for women.  I was pretty surprised at that.  It was hard, harder than it probably should have been for me.  I'm not sure if it was because I was running faster than I usually do or because it was super windy.  It's often windy here but when I train, I usually try to run into the wind first.  We ran with the wind first and then against it which is way harder in my opinion.  I'm proud of myself that I ran the entire thing. 

I also met Brock Lesnar today.  Awesome!!!!!!!!  He's not as big as he looks on TV but still a big guy.  Anybody else a UFC fan who can appreciate that?

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another goal met. Not only that but you ran an entire 5k.

    I remember Brock Lesnar from when he was in WWE. Hard to imagine him not being big lol. Still awesome though. If my P met The Rock I would no longer exist in her life lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the couch to 5k with my husband starting next week. Not sure I will run a 5k but I just need to start running and walking again

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I wish I had the motivation to do a 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! Congratulations!! That should be on my list of things to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's awesome!! I hope to be able to complete a 5K by Thanksgiving.... I downloaded the app for couch to 5K, but have yet to start! Yikes! Hopefully I'll find the time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 5K! I'm still trying to run to the fridge. Once I get that down, I'll set my sights on greener pastures, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! now you can check that off your list woohoo. Not a big UFC fan but family is so I'm familiar with Brock way cool that you got got to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great accomplishment. Congrats on second place too!

    ReplyDelete