Monday, September 19, 2011

Made a 30K Mortgage Payment

I put $30,000 toward the principle today on our mortgage.  Y and I had talked about putting 43K on it but we decided that might be cutting it too close on our end.  We compromised and I made the payment today online.  That puts our mortgage at about 56K before our payment for October 1.  Now I just need to keep chipping away at it.  56K isn't such a large amount.  I want it gone sooner than later while keeping our savings at a constant.  I personally think that I'm much better in debt paydown mode than saving mode.

I really hope that I don't regret this decision to put so much toward our mortgage instead of keeping it liquid. 

9 comments:

  1. WOW! That must be a great feeling to see such a big jump! I know it's hard to say goodbye to the liquid funds, but you're also saying goodbye to a lot of debt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly doubt you would regret it and I like the decision you both made to put 30K instead of the 43K and keep the other 30K liquid. It is a great compromise between both your want to save and keep funds liquid and to pay off the mortgage.

    You always make good decisions when it comes to these things and you always take your time. You won't regret this.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I don't think you'll regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that you won't regret it, it must feel great. I understand exactly what you mean about paying off debt - I'm much better at that than saving too.
    Can't wait to see you attack the rest of the mortgage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you could see how green (with envy) I am right now! Congrats! You'll be done with your mortgage in no time now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great huge chunk! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing!!! Congratulations, truly a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait till next year when we get to start throwing money at the mortgage... even though it won't be anything like your payment today, it will be something and thats what matters.

    ReplyDelete