Friday, September 23, 2011

My 401K

Yippee!!!  I received my 401K paperwork in the mail today.  I haven't had a chance to go over it but I'm excited.  This is the first 401K that I've ever had.  This is the first employer sponsored retirement plan that I've ever had.  I've mentioned before but I get a 5% match.  I will definitely contribute my 5% to get that match but I'm not sure if I'm going to go over that amount for now. 

Maybe I will start with 5% and plan to bump it up 1% every year.  Does anybody have ideas on increasing your contributions in a painless way?  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are on to an awesome idea here. If I stick it out with my current job until next year I will get a retirement plan that is equivalent to a 401k.

    I think I will use that start at the match and bump it up each year.

    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete