Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago

Ten years ago today I remember turning on the TV in the morning as I was getting ready.  It was between the two planes hitting the World Trade Center.  I watched as the second plane hit the World Trade Center.  I was in shock.  I didn't realize at the time the enormity of what had happened.  I knew that it was bad but not how it would affect thousands of people directly and our country going forward. 

The last ten years have seen our country at war, one after another.  We are fighting an unknown enemy.  We, as Americans, realize that we can easily be attacked and would rather be proactive about it.  We realized who are our friends and who are not.  We have entered into a new realm of military spending. 

The heroes of that day will always be remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment