Saturday, September 24, 2011

Went Shopping for Lil Punk Today

Lil Punk shot up like a weed in the past month.  I had bought a couple of short sleeve shirts on clearance a couple weeks ago but they were the only shirts we had left that fit her.  We went shopping with my mother-in-law today.  We were armed with our coupons.  I ended up spending about $85 but she should be set for the next six to nine months. 

I had bought her a winter jacket/snowpants combo but Y wants me to return it.  It is Columbia and that is a very warm brand.  It is very cold here, sometimes up to 50 to 60 below with the wind chill.  We are outside a lot and I wanted her to have a warm set.  It was $90 for the set.  Y had bought her a pair of snowpants this past summer at a garage sale that fit her.  I guess that I will return the Columbia set that I bought for her and just buy a jacket to go with the snowpants we have. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun even if you will be doing a return. The saying goes "They grow up so fast" but I think that is a good thing as it creates lots of memories even if it means some spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep the Columbia set, maybe. If it's a darker shade that won't show tons of dirt (why do they make them white and yellow and light pink for little kids??? WHY???) and if you wash it on a regular basis (use bar soap at the cuffs and hem to keep dirt from building up, making it impossible to remove) and if it's plenty roomy so she can wear it for the full season and maybe even two? Then $90 is a deal where you live when you consider you want her warm and dry when she's outside. Now, $90 on a Holiday dress from Gymboree would be foolish but something she will wear every single day for months??? Worth it. Just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete