Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Accomplished My 2011 Goals

I revised my goals for 2011 a couple months ago when Y and I decided to put more emphasis on our mortgage.  We had 3 goals for the remainder of 2011.  Here they are from a previous blog post:

1.  Have Mortgage under $50,000.  It's currently at almost 56K.  This will really be pushing it.
2.  Keep savings at $30,000.  Our savings is at this point but I need to include it so I just don't rob our savings to accomplish number 1.
3.  Have student loan under $6000.  This will mean paying an extra $200 to it.  This is doable but I really want to do it.


We are on pace to do it.

Mortgage:  I made a $4000 payment today to the principal which will put us about $20 under our $50,000 goal.
Savings:  I don't have a solid number for this for November but it should be around $33,000.
Student Loan:  I have one more regularly scheduled payment which will put me below $6000.

I still can hardly believe it.  These were really stretch goals and we accomplished them.  I had a huge commission check this month of just over $8000 which was what made them doable for it.  I worked my butt off in October and it really came through on my check today. 

9 comments:

  1. Great work! Those are some amazing accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm incredibly jealous of your mortgage amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. You have done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Have you considered taking some of your savings and paying off the loan? I would imagine you are paying more in interest than you are saving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome and really well earned. You worked hard and it paid off in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome progress! Hard work does pay off. Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo for you!! That's so great. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow; fantastic work!!! Congratulations on such an amazing 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job =) You inspire me, truly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete