Monday, December 5, 2011

Sticking to my Budget

I'm tracking our money this month and am trying very hard to stick to our budget.  It's a challenge in any month but especially in December.  I just have to keep remembering that I am sticking to my budget voluntarily because I want to achieve my goals.  We really, really want to build a house in the spring of 2013 and we need to have our current mortgage paid before that.  I would really love to have some money in savings as a cushion as well.

On the other hand, there are plenty of fun things to do in December for little to no cost like driving around and looking at Christmas lights.  I did that with some friends on Sunday.  Any other ideas for getting out of the house this month and not spending much money?

5 comments:

  1. I love driving around and looking at lights. I can't really think of other things though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go caroling and then come home for hot chocolate. Invite people over for Christmas movies and homemade pizza! Have a cookie exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try looking for free stuff in the city like a Christmas in the Park where you can watch shows and trees, etc.

    Also think of homemade gifts or watching christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catch a Santa Claus parade, have a Christmas baking party. Your local newspaper might have a listing of upcoming events too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the opposite of you and not tracking. I'm trying not to put much stress or pressure on myself but I am sure I should come out good as I am really focused on putting down some money.

    I think you nailed the best low spend Christmas event already which is going about and look at lights. Besides that I'm stumped for ideas. I personally like going into town and walk around just looking at stuff. The reason I like it though is because this is the only time of the year our stores open late into the night. Normally everything is closed by 5pm.

    ReplyDelete