Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Work Expense: Uggh!

I'm writing this post to get it off my chest.  This has been bothering me so much that I actually woke up last night thinking about it.  I had a ton of expenses with my old job, including mileage, to the tune of about $25,000 to $30,000.  Now I was grossing around $65-70,000 so I wasn't making enough to have all those expenses but I knew that I had them.  It was ugly there.  I had to pay for my own assistant, pay for my marketing/advertising, pay for my gas to drive wherever (and I put on a lot of miles), and pay to go to their mandatory conferences.  I got sick of paying for so many expenses when I was a W-2 employee.

With my current job, I'm reimbursed for most things.  I get reimbursed for mileage, meals with clients, part of my cell phone, etc.  They are really good about reimbursing me.  However, I do sometimes have to pay for credit reports, appraisals, or title work if they are ordered but the client won't pay for them because the deal fell through.  I found out yesterday that a deal that fell through in October had a bill for title work to the tune of $365.  The client called me and of course wanted me to take care of it.  I can't say no because I ordered the title work and this stupid title company still charges me. 

I called the title company today to see if they would waive part of the fees.  I have since quit using this title company because they mess things up and it is too expensive for me when the deal falls apart.  I had one other one with this title company that fell apart and the borrower had to pay about $400 in fees and didn't close the loan.  Thankfully, they did pay the fees.  They said that they would waive $35 so I will only have to pay $330.  I'm never going to use this title company again.  I will pay it but it sucks.  I might as well pay in on Thursday when I get my commission check. 

2 comments:

  1. I can see this being annoying. I guess you just have to accept that it will sometimes come with the job as annoying as it is. Still much better than your old job so that gives a little sunshine to a cloudy situation.

    I hope this post gets it off your chest. I don't like that it affected your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe all of the expenses that your old job would make you pay!

    ReplyDelete