Saturday, February 4, 2012

Feb 2012 Menu Plan & Random Updates

I've been so super busy this week with work.  It's been awesome!  Y has been picking up and dropping Lil Punk off to help me out so I could work late and get stuff done.  Y and I made a menu plan last night so we wouldn't have to get groceries until our next payday on the 15th. 

Today-  Pork Loin, potatoes, veggies
Superbowl Sunday--Bruschetta (I'm bringing this to my in-laws house, there will be other food)
Monday--tacos
Tuesday--Homemade chili pizza (never made it before, this is Y's idea)
Wednesday--Mac 'n' Cheese with Brats
Thursday--spaghetti
Friday--pork chops with rice
Saturday--Bacon pasta toss (this is supposed to be prosciutto but I'm using bacon)
Sunday--homemade gnocchi
Monday--tuna melts
Tuesday--not sure, random

I also actually wrote down everything that we need for lunches, snacks, breakfast and drinks.  I'm hoping to spend less than $100. 

I have the grocery list made up and I'll go shopping when Lil Punk wakes up.  I also want to check out the library today.  I've only been there once right away and I don't even have a library card.  I need to quit buying books and this will be a good place to start. 

I was so busy this week that I didn't even calculate my networth as of February 1st.  We had a very rough January.  I think that we were still able to save money in January but not as much as I had hoped. 

I leave in less than 2 weeks for New York City.  I'm so excited.  I want to go to a Broadway show, not sure which one but probably the one about Mormons.  I also want to eat sushi, Thai food, and see the Statue of Liberty.  Ground Zero is also a possibility, not sure on this one.  I have some reservations about it.  I know that its an important piece of the US. 

Y met with a builder this week and we're waiting on getting an estimate back.  Our budget keeps creeping up.  The mortgage rates have stayed low so that is very good. 

Go Giants!  Who are you rooting for?  Do you watch for the game or the commercials?  I do both. 

3 comments:

  1. So exciting about NYC!! I can't wait to hear (and see?) all about it!!

    Your menu looks delicious! What is a bacon pasta toss? Sounds yummy! We are having grilled pork chops tonight with fried rice...

    I still have a few *leftover* meals that I can make before I go grocery shopping...I hope to have some cash left over in that category by the time next payday comes around.

    We are Pittsburgh Steeler fans so I don't really have a favorite for this Superbowl. We are going to a Superbowl party whose hosts favor New England but I'll make cupcakes with red, white and blue frosting so it should cover both teams! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to see commercials during the super bowl =)

    Hope you will visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY!
    Just Tututiny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first year I did not watch the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete