Sunday, February 19, 2012

OMG! So Much Money Spent!

I'm doing a quick blogpost from my sister's place in Manhattan.  It's so freakin' expensive here and it just doesn't slow down.  I'm a little embarrassed to say that I actually spent $95 yesterday on a haircut and tip.  It looks cute but I'm not sure if that cute. 

Drinks are ridiculously expensive.  Food is expensive but I expected that.  I cannot get a grip on my finances here.  It's insane.

I think that I've spent around $500 in spending money here, maybe around $600.   I will try to do a more thorough recap when I get home. 

It's been fun here but I'm so ready to go home tomorrow and see Lil Punk.  I love my very zen life. 

What do you think?  Should I be embarrassed about how much money I've spent?  Is this ordinary or ridiculous for NYC?

7 comments:

  1. I haven;t been to NYC except when I was younger so I'm not sure. I'm sure everything is super expensive there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should soak up the experience and ENJOY yourself. Yes, NYC is expensive, but how often do you go?? Do the fun stuff. You can save more when you get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read about how it compares to where you currently live.

    I don't think you should be embarrassed, live it up a bit and compare the experience, you could learn a lot. Just don't lose control and go overboard.

    Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYC is super expensive. I live right on the other side of the river so I usually go there a few times a month, but I try to stay away as much as possible- it's fun but so expensive!

    But I say live it up and have a great time while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if the spending money was already budgetted for, but if it was, then there's nothing to be embarassed/worried about. If it wasn't budgetted, or you're overbudget, then it's alright, as long as you really work on taking back your finances and making up for this time. My first trip to Chicago, although I wasn't expecting to spend much at all, I was shocked that things like drinks, food, and even taxi cabs were so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's not something you get to do very often then I say live it up. I think "experiences" have value and the older I get the more I'd rather have experiences than stuff. Stuff can disappear but hopefully you'll always have your memories from the experiences you've had.

    I mean yeah, your hair will grow back out again but at least you got to feel what it was like to go to one of those ritzy salons. I don't know about the rest of the state, but I have a relative in rural western ND who says the salons there leave a lot to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else, ENJOY!!

    Can't wait to hear more about your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete