Saturday, March 31, 2012

1st Quarter Annual Goals Update

I'm taking a look at where I'm at for my annual goals.  It's only the end of the first quarter and they've already changed a bit.

Financial:
  • Stop and stay not smoking Fail!
  • Pay off mortgage Doing okay, it sits at around $28,300 but this will be gone soon.
  • Keep $30,000 in savings Doing good, We have $30,658 in savings and another $9500 in stocks that will be liquidated but this will need to pay for our mortgage.
Non-financial:

  • plant 2 apple trees
  • plant asparagus
  • plant vegetable garden
  • plant herb garden
  • Run at least a 5K
  • Go on a mini-vacation with family
  • Go on a solo vacation  (NYC will count as this.)  Done!
The rest of the non-financial goals will come this summer.  I think that my main goals for 2012 are to pay off our current mortgage and build a house.  That's it!  Easier said than done :)

5 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about not quitting smoking - it's HARD! Truly, but it is so worth it. Keep at it!! I can't stress how glad I am that I don't do it any more. You can do it!!

    Otherwise things are looking good! Great progress on the debt and savings. I'm hugely impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad at all! LOVE that you have so much in savings and that your house is nearly PAID off!! How cool is that?

    I agree with Northern Living...keep trying...your body will appreciate it!! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going ND. It's hard but you CAN do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been working on my quarterly review myself. It's good to do monthly reviews and quarterly reviews of your annual goals. Helps keep you in check, even if they changed a bit, you can still review and see how you can get them in line by year end.

    I think you are still doing awesome. Still three full quarters left to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great in my eyes. It's hard to maintain all that money in a bank account :P

    Keep up the good work. Still a few more quarters to go.

    ReplyDelete