Monday, March 19, 2012

The First Blog I Ever Read

The first blog I ever read was probably about 5 or 6 years ago.  I was completely addicted to MSN Money and the Women in Red.  Basically, it was a message board dedicated to helping women get out of debt.  You really got to know other posters and it was sort of like having blogging buddies. 

There was a poster on there who always put her blog address on the bottom of each post.  I knew that she wasn't supposed to because it was advertising her blog.  Anyway, that is how I happened to find my first personal finance blog, South County Girl.  I was so amazed that she could follow a budget so closely and be so dedicated to saving money.  From her blog, I branched out and found other Women in Red blogs and other blogs, etc. 

How did you find your first personal finance blog? 

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I found South County Girl off Women In Red too... and found you through her. I think that was 2006. I had $14,200 of debt. While I didn't stick with WIR when it began to get so big, I did drop the debt. I bet there's all sorts of blogs that spawned from WIR. The full scale of that board will probably never be known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first personal finance blog was (as still is) Life After Money. Ilona is a retired truck driver and is very frugal and also has a wonderful life walking around the country.
    She lives alone so some of her advice isnt appropriate for others but she is pretty hardcore and I admire her for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I did it the same way you did. i read Rhitter's blog and Mystis and I was mesmerized. These people were like me, different but the same fears and feeling s about money. The rest is history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a google search, can't remember exactly what it was about, probably about interest rates and I found the simple dollar. From there, I started blog roll hopping and found a couple others I really liked.

    I found your blog through a comment you left on mine and it's something I will never forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first finance blog was getrichslowly.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. my first pf blog was Kyrstals Give me back my five bucks, I loved reading about her debt payoff and reading her inspired me start blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! My first "PF blog" was a mix of fashion and PF which was elleandish.wordpress.com. I love her, and she was so helpful in giving me tips with saving that I just had to start a blog to document my debt payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first was twiggers from the now closed 'in debt because i like nice things'. I was hooked

    ReplyDelete