Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Goal: Pay Off our Mortgage!

Our goal for April is to pay off our mortgage.  I will do this when we get paid on the 15th.  I should be getting a pretty big commission check and I will take the rest from our liquid savings. 

Our other goal for April is to keep $7000 in our liquid savings.  This will really be pushing it.  This will also be the lowest amount in our savings since the first year we got married.  That is a little bit scary for us because we like having a cushion for the what if's.

Mortgage, you are dated!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow so close to the finish on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura @ no more spendingApril 2, 2012 at 4:27 AM

    This would be brilliant ND! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am officially jealous. What an awesome accomplishment!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Wow!! thats fantastic! can't wait to read that post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic news!!!! I'm so happy for you. You are just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah! That's fantastic news. I'm so impressed and even more jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited for you beyond words! This concept is so near and dear to my heart and I cannot imagine how awesome a feeling it must be! Congratulations on your hard work, sacrifice, and diligence towards your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually came as a surprise for me; I new you really liked the cushion of having such a large amount in liquid form so when I read that first part I really was surprised. I'll support whatever plan you have unless I really feel you are making a mistake, which I highly doubt will ever happen.

    This really is amazing, I don't even know what to say. Just thinking about all the things that clearing your mortgage entails is really awesome. I'll save my congratulations for the big post but still pre-congratulations.

    ReplyDelete