Friday, April 20, 2012

My Pantry Challenge Update

We've only spent $233 so far this month on groceries.  We've been eating down our pantry and freezer.  We still have a lot of meat but our pantry is getting down there.  We have hardly any food in our fridge but we did pick up milk and buns. 

One thing that I'm proud of is not buying soda.  We've been out of soda for a week at my house and that's the longest that we've ever been without it.  I know that you're thinking that's not a big deal but it is to me.  I love my pop!  In fact, when I was pregnant, it was the one thing that I wasn't able to completely give up.  Now, I haven't actually went a week without a soda because I do buy it at work.  It is 50 cents per can so I might buy one or two a day there.  Yeah, still an improvement for me.

We will probably spend another $25 for the month at the grocery store for milk and maybe eggs and bread but it is still far better than before.

1 comment:

  1. Good job ND - we stopped buying soda too and I feel much better without it.

    ReplyDelete