Saturday, April 14, 2012

We're Mortgage Free!!!!

Yesterday I wrote out a check in the amount of $18,468.57 to pay off our mortgage.  It felt unreal.  I was super excited but also nervous about taking such a big chunk of our savings.  It leaves our regular savings at about $4600 and about $8300 in stocks that I plan to liquidate.  We paid off $87,200 in 16 months.  Whew!

It does feel pretty cool to actually own our property now.  To know that the only thing we need to pay to keep it is our taxes is an exuberating feeling.

Of course this is just a temporary time without a mortgage but I'm still going to relish it.

By the way, Y and I are doing better.  We never fight in front of Lil Punk because she won't tolerate any loud voices.  Even if we're just joking around, she gets very upset.  Raised voices are not allowed in our house.  We just argue in a conversational tone if we're fighting.

Happy Saturday!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Congratulations!! I can just imagine how you feel right now. What a fantastic accomplishment - $87K+ in 16 months. Really, that's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting for you!! I wouldn't even know how to fit that big of a number on a cheque to write it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Northern. Jolie, I know. I've never written a check that big before. It was nerve wracking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic news ND!! I'm so happy for you that I'm doing the happy dance. Glad you and Y are doing better. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm officially turning green with envy...Congrats!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'm with Sharon! This is so exciting! Just think how few people in your age range have ever felt this feeling! Even with taking on a new mortgage, you now know what you are capable of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. This is awesome in so many ways. It must be amazing but yet still spooky to pay off a mortgage but also take such a hit to your savings in the same moment.

    Good news about you and Y as well. Lil punk is a really awesome child. She keeps her parents in check lol. Happy to read you all are doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That is so amazing. I hope to have the chance to enjoy that feeling some day. I have a lot of work to do on that front and a lot of lessons learned the hard way to boot in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! thats fantastic!

    ReplyDelete