Monday, May 14, 2012

Found a Temporary Place to Live

I called a guy I had talked to a few weeks ago about renting a newly renovated apartment for a couple months and he said that we could.  He said that he would have one ready in about a week or so.  I asked him about price and he said about $300-350 per month.  Yahooo! 

Also, the guy who wanted our house flaked out today.  We always told him that June 1st was the deadline and he couldn't make it happen because he farted around too long.  Luckily, we have a back up guy who said he would take our house.

Do you think that $300-350 is a good price to pay for a temporary apartment?

5 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a great price! Here in Philly you couldnt even touch a room to rent for that price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that seems like a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, even in the Dakotas. My dad had a small house in Turtle Lake that he rented for 350.00 years ago. But I know prices are much less there. I am excited for your new house. Are you going to put up a wind block? You know like the old farmsteads? Or are you building in town? I remember every farm had a perfectly square wind block around three sides of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That price honestly does sound awesome so long as it is enough space for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is ULTRA cheap! I am currently only paying $450/mo (though I rent a room in a house), but even that is very very rare. Most rents are about $700, for a room, and about $800 for a 1br apt + utilities. I think you got an awesome deal! And glad they're letting you do month-to-month. I hate when people try to lock you into long-term contracts after you've specifically told them you are in transition...

    ReplyDelete