Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Spend Less on Alcohol!!

I was thinking about my post yesterday and I realized that there is one area that I spend far less on.  I can't even imagine how much money I used to spend at the bar.  A typical night was $30-40 and I usually went out 4-5 nights per week.  Yes, that's a lot of money.  Sometimes, I would only have a couple drinks and it would be under $20 but sometimes I would want to have fun and do shots and I would spend $80-100. 

Is it any wonder that my best friend is now sober and an addiction counseler?  Yes, I abused alcohol.  I can't even fathom how much money I would have if I would have invested all that money.  However, to be realistic, I needed to be wild and have fun when I was younger.  I never wanted to have kids and regret the time that I would be spending at home with them.  I partied so much when I was younger that I truly got it out of my system. 

Do you spend less on alcohol now than you did previously? 

1 comment:

  1. You know, this is something that crosses my mind every once in a while and P and I have had discussions about it. I partied but it was never my thing but sometimes I wonder if I got everything else out of my system that I should have gotten out of it now that I am still at an "appropriate" age. Choosing to settle down early is a big choice and one I doubt I will live to regret later. I mean we can still go wild as a couple as kids won't come for a while but maybe I might have missed out on some of the goodness of single life. Oh well. I'll never know now :)

    ReplyDelete