Monday, May 7, 2012

My Best Hobby Ever: My Garden!

This is the second year that I've had a garden and I love it!  I learned many mistakes from my garden last year that I'm trying to learn from.  I had a really big garden last year, about 80 x 40.  It was way too big to weed and properly take care of.  I didn't spray my garden with Round Up before I started so I had a massive weed and grass problem.

This year, I have a much smaller garden, 20 x 40, and I sprayed it so hopefully the grass will be better managed.  I did have to do a new space this year too, because there was too many mosquitoes last year where it was.  I couldn't even be out there in the evening with Lil Punk because we got eaten alive.

I'm planting corn, green beans, peas, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, hot peppers, bell peppers, pumpkins, cucumbers, yellow squash, radicchio, okra, beets, turnips and onions.  Oh my goodness, I'm going to be so busy and I love it.  I might have even missed a couple veggies.  I just love growing my own fresh food.

Do you have a garden?  What do you plant?  Did I miss anything?

5 comments:

  1. I would love to try my hand at a garden, but it's not in the cards this year. I have too many things on my plate at the moment. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a pretty small garden but I have a terrible time with the weeds. We can't use Round Up anymore in Ontario and since then I haven't found anything that easily gets rid of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinach! that stuff is so easy to grow. I don't have a garden at my place - there are just too many deer, rabbits and birds around here, so I do my gardening up at the farm and share the work/produce with my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Countrygirl, I did plant spinach. I just picked it up this week. Momsdime, why can't you use Round Up anymore? Renee, you do have a lot going on. I don't know how you find time to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really love garden. It's pretty awesome to be able to learn every year and improve upon the last.

    ReplyDelete