Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Payday! Payday!!!

Today is mine and Y's payday!  I have always loved my paydays.  It's such a good feeling all day long.  Today is my commission check too so its a big one.  I am also paid out today for my small quarterly bonus.  My bonus was $445 after taxes.  Not too much but better than nothing.  My commission check was a big one, about $5500.

I transferred $5500 into savings today.  We need the money in savings to pay for our house.  We're still waiting on the appraisal and hoping that it comes in where we need it to be.

I also talked to the county tax assessor today and he is going to send me the paperwork to apply for the property tax exemption on our house.  The first $150,000 is tax exempt for 2 years so it will be in affect for 2013 and 2014.  That will be very nice. 

In other unrelated news, my co-worker announced yesterday that she is expecting.  I'm very happy for her and I think I'm ready to go down that path again.  I'm leaning toward getting pregnant this fall.  We'll see how that goes...

Happy Tuesday!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for payday! That is a HUGE chunk that you sent to savings, I'm jellies :)

    How exciting on planning to get pregnant. I think that will be me in a few years... 4 or 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love happy posts like these and this one has all sorts of joys in it.

    Thinking about my future and family planning is really joyous. It's pretty cool that you feel ready for another little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who-hoo! That sounds like a real decent pay day! The tax exemption sounds amazing. I should suggest to our local council something along those lines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The commission check is outstanding. Good job! And I saw that very last line... baby posts in the future? Congrats on payday, congrats to your newly pregnant coworker, and congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! $5,500! You've been busy! I bet you're glad you ditched that old job you hated huh.

    Hurrah for you! Enjoy your special time with Lil Punk leading up to baby #2. It's hard to imagine, but they change when they're not the baby anymore.

    ReplyDelete