Thursday, May 24, 2012

We Have a Place to Live Finally!

We need to be out of our house by Sunday so it can be moved.  We didn't find a place a minute too soon.  We are going to be renting an apartment from the college where Y works.  It will be $446 per month plus electricity.

The other guy finally called me back yesterday and we could have gotten that place for $350 per month but it didn't have any air conditioning.  Y will be putting in long hours on our house doing the mechanical (heating and air conditioning system) and plumbing.  I didn't think it was fair to him to be coming home to no AC and he really wanted AC so we went with the place that was almost $100 more per month.  I know that its $300 more over the course of 3 months but it was worth it to us.  Plus, its also in a better neighborhood with a park right behind it for Lil Punk.

How much is AC worth to you?  Would you pay the extra $100 per month to have AC in the summer? 

5 comments:

  1. Considering it's going to be over 100 degrees here all weekend, I would definitely require a place to have air conditioning. but I don't know where you live, but I'm assuming it's hot there as well, so yes AC is needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, in here (the US), I would pay the extra $100. People DIE from overheating. I don't even think it is safe (or legal) to rent out a place with no AC at all in some states, as it is considered a hazard. Especially those places that can reach over 94 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new place :) My hubby wouldn't live in a place with no A/C either. I would say the comfort is well worth the extra money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't speak on directly on having AC as I don't think I've ever experienced the kind of heat you do. But I see no problem with paying the extra $100 even if only for comfort.

    Plus, like you said, the better neighborhood and park is definitely worth it in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind living without a/c but my DH is impossible to live with when he's too warm. Staying married is well worth an extra $100+ a month!

    ReplyDelete